Percy's & Co. serves apothecary inspired cocktails and dinner nightly, and brunch on Sundays. Behind the bar and in our kitchen, we emphasize local produce, particularly fruit, herbs, and vegetables from our rooftop garden and our farm south of Seattle.
Ballard was once home to more bars than any town west of the Mississippi. Local legend has it that Ballard founders had to build a church for every new bar in order to fight against the “scourge.” In 1898, Percy Sankey opened The Ballard Bar, and ran it as such until prohibition, at which time many bars closed their front doors, only to reopen the door in back. The Ballard Bar became Percy’s Men’s Furnishing in front, and simply opened its back door, like so many others.
At Percy’s & Co., we celebrate this history. Owners Jeff Ofelt, and Wade Weigel bought the building in 2013 and spent most of that year restoring the space, and updating the bar and kitchen.
“The building and its history is what attracted us in the first place. We couldn't resist a spot with such beautiful bones." — Owner, Jeff Ofelt.
Percy’s & Co. welcomes you to join us in Old Ballard, we open at 4pm on weeknights, and at 3pm on weekends